Friday, February 15, 2013

One Week Old


Routine: Hey guys... I'm only one week old. I'm still trying to figure out what in the world just happened. I sleep, eat, and poop. I am learning the difference between day and night.

Bedtime/sleeping: Mommy says I am a real good baby. I sleep well during the night. The first night I was home, mommy put me in this bed by myself and I cried. She brought me into bed with her to eat and I stayed there. Right now I sleep beside mommy every night and I have slept as long as a 5 hour stretch at night. She says I can't stay in bed with her forever, but right now she wants some sleep too!

Eating: My first few days of life were hard. The first day I wouldn't wake up to eat and even after I did wake up, I still had a hard time feeding. It was hard to learn how to feed. By the third day though I began to catch on and now I love to eat! Mommy says I'm an eating machine! She is becoming one also though. Nobody told her how hungry she would be when breastfeeding.

Size: I barely fit into my newborn clothing. Mommy and daddy went shopping for some things to fit me better, including a preemie sleep suit.

First:
Trip: to the doctor for my heel prick and then the mall for some clothing when I was 4 days old
Bath: a wipe down with a washcloth at home my first night there. I hated it... still do!

Milestones: Well I was born... that was important :) I also look at my mommy's and daddy's face and can recognize there voices!

Memories: Mommy says: I was scared to bring him home from the hospital. What if he didn't eat enough or something happened... but I was amazed how quickly things clicked. Shawn has been a great help, changing diapers and letting me have time to rest. I spend so much time staring at his sweet face and cuddling with him. We can't believe he is ours!!!! 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment